Thursday, November 30, 2006

First Snow

Why is that every year on the first snow of the year you oversleep. You are already going to be pushing it to make it to work on time and then you go out to your car and the doors are frozen shut and you have a thick layer of ice on the windshield. This was my story this morning.

I never get up early. I'm usually pushing it to make it to work on time but usually I arrive at least 5 or 10 minutes early. Not today. Today I get up at 7:20 (I have to be at work at 8); I eat breakfast and get dressed. I go out to my car at a quarter till 8 to heat it up and turn on the defroster. Oh what do you know, the door won't open. It's frozen tight.

Well, lucky for me my big, buff boyfriend is still asleep in my bed so I wake him up, make him get dressed and come out and help me (poor guy). So he comes out in the freezing cold weather and spends 30 minutes helping me get in my car and scrape my windows.

My mom's advice? You need DeIcer to unfreeze the doors. Yes, mom, I am well aware of that at this point but guess what...I don't have any and my doors are frozen shut so I can't drive and get any. Next suggestion? Okay hot water...thanks (word of advice: make sure the hot water does not hit your windows because it could cause them to crack).

Anyway so I finally get in my car, get the windows scraped and to work only 15 minutes late. Hey that isn't bad! Only to find out that hardly any one else in the office went through the trouble of coming to work. What crap! So here I am sulking that I am at work instead of at home in my jammies...

No comments: