Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pushed to Action

A half hour later Ben and I had managed to down three pitchers and had another on the way. It was safe to say we were both a little tipsy. A guy that I had seen there a few times before kept glancing over our way.

“I think you have an admirer,” Ben whispered in my ear.

“Not interested,” as I downed another glass.

“Too late. He’s headed this way.”

I looked over and sure enough the man was making his way to our booth.

“Hi, I’m Jon,” he said as he held his hand out to me.

I reached for the pitcher completely ignoring him.

Ben reached his hand out and shook Jon’s hand.

“I’m Ben,” he said. “This is Addy. We work across the street at Fleisher.”

“I thought I had seen you two here before. I work at McDonahue & Wilshire accounting firm down the road. Mind if I join you?”

I guess you could safely say that I had moved beyond tipsy and was quite drunk by now. I scooted over and patted the seat beside me.

“Sit on down, partner,” I giggled. “I’ll even let you buy me a drink.”

Jon ordered us another pitcher and I reached for it.

Ben grabbed my wrist before I could grab hold.

“Slow down, Addy. I think you’ve had enough.”

“Butt out, Ben. Do you think I’ve had enough, Jon?”

Jon wiggled in his seat looking uncomfortable and looked from Ben to me.

“I don’t know,” he finally said. “Looks like you’re having fun to me.”

Ben sighed. “Addy, can I talk to you? Privately.”

Jon excused himself to go to the men’s room and I glared over at Ben upset at him for sending him away. After all, he was pretty cute. Or was that just the alcohol talking?

“What the hell are you doing, Addy?”

“Just having a little fun. What’s the harm in that?”

“I think it’s time for both of us to be going,” Ben said as he stood up in the booth and grabbed my arm. I resisted. “Addy, let’s go.”

Something in the tone of his voice moved me to action. I grabbed my glass and chugged what was left and stood up. Ben led the way as I followed behind. We were almost out the door when Jon caught up with us. He grabbed my right arm and pulled me back.

“Hey, leaving already?” He asked. “I thought we were just starting to have fun.”

I giggled. Ben didn’t. “Sorry, man, we need to get going.”

Jon looked from Ben to me and back at Ben. “I’m sorry. Did I interrupt something here? I didn’t mean to interfere. Are you two like – together? I didn’t think you were. I thought I had seen you both here with other people before so I just assumed.”

“Assumed what?” Ben asked. “That we were just friends?”

At this precise moment, Ben leaned down and planted the biggest, wettest kiss on my lips. At first I started to recoil but then I stopped myself and leaned in. It was cold at first but then my whole body began to warm up and my feet began to tingle. As quickly as he started, Ben pulled away. I looked up at him my eyes wide with amazement. Jon had now turned on his heels and walked off.

2 comments:

Matt said...

you've been holding out on us. you've got the whole story written already, don't you?
;-)

Revee said...

No actually I don't but several more posts worth :)