Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fist What

We've all been there, when the other person holds up their fish towards you begging for the meeting of the fists, the hippest new high five, hand shake. But here's the question, what is this meeting of the fists called?

I call it a fist knocker. One fist knocks the other one to say hey, how are you or cool idea or way to go. Whatever you're trying to say, the fist knocker conveys it.

Yet the other day I heard a guy call it a fist ease (not sure how ease would be spelled so I'll do my best). I'd never heard it referred to this way so it made me question myself or maybe him.

On a t.v. commercial, another man called it a knuckle bump. "Hey, man, knuckle bump!"

So many names, one fist to fist greeting. So what's the proper slang? Tell me what you call it? I'd hate to use not so cool language with such a cool gesture.

Fist knocker, fist ease, knucker knocker, something else entirely? Give it to me straight!

4 comments:

Little Miss HD said...

Those are new terms to me. I've always heard "pound it" or "give me rock".

who knows? when you figure it out, keep me in the loop so I don't sound like a total loser when my kids get older.

p.s. i LOVED your previous post. that poem made me cry.

Matt said...

"wonder twins, activate!"

Revee said...

Thanks for the fisties matt!

Matt said...

I have to admit, "fisties" entered my vocabulary as a thing between me and my wife. She is my one and only real fisties partner.