Monday, October 23, 2006

The Long Goodbye

He looks so cold and still
Silent as the night
Just by looking at him
I can tell something isn’t right

Is he going to tell me goodbye
Will he say he’ll miss me
Or will he keep on staring
Like he doesn’t even see

It’s time for him to say something
I’d be happy with just a smile
To let me know everything’s okay
If only for a little while

But there is nothing
Silence is all I hear
I stand there shaking
Down comes another tear

He isn’t going to smile
He isn’t going to talk
We’ll never even get to
Take another walk

He didn’t leave a note
He didn’t tell us why
He didn’t even take the time
To tell us all goodbye

It’s too late to take it back
The decision has been made
It won’t be much longer
Before all our memories fade

They say it’s almost time
Take just one last glance
If you want to say goodbye
This is your last chance

The casket is closing now
It’s headed in the ground
Still you do not move
Silence is the only sound

No comments: