Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Novel Journey

Book ideas - you never know when they might strike. I had a brilliant one today on my lunch break. Who knew a deli sandwich could be so enlightening? No, my book is not about a deli sandwich. I'm not that terrible of an author.

For those of you who care (and those who don't), my first book is complete and I am drafting a query letter to send to agents to see if they are interested. I am also in the process of editing my novel. It's very overwhelming and a lot of work but it's a very exciting journey.

It has long been my dream to be a published author and hopefully - if my book doesn't suck - that will happen. I know that my query letter/novel might very well be rejected by every single agent I pitch it to. I know this is probably more likely than unlikely but it's still a very exhilarating experience.

I know that no matter what I can't give up. I have to keep chasing my dream. Writing is my passion and even if I never make a single dollar off of it, I plan to continue to pursue it with everything I have.

Wish me luck as I enter chapter 2 of my novel journey!! See ya on the flip side!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Awwww... what's wrong with books about deli sandwiches? *sobbing, matt pitches his 350 page manuscript into the shredder*

Revee said...

nothing at all, matt. they rock. keep on piling up the meat!