Tuesday, April 17, 2007

What kind of world do we live in?

I have to say that I am very saddened by the events that took place yesterday at Virginia Tech. I usually try to keep my blog from being so serious but it’s hard to do that when massacres like the one that happened yesterday occur. It opens your eyes to what a scary world this can be.

My heart goes out to students, friends, family and anyone else directly involved with the Virginia Tech shootings. I think the whole world is praying for you right now. This was a terrible tragedy that has shaken the entire country.

You always think this could never happen to me or to my school but the truth is that it could. I am sure Virginia Tech was saying the same thing just two days ago and now it has happened to them of mass proportions. It’s a sick world out there. Events like Columbine, the Amish schoolhouse shooting and Virginia Tech remind you just how sick people can be.

I’ve never understood how someone can justify taking another person’s life. It happens more and more every day and it scares me. It scares us all. I think it’s time we all open our eyes and realize that there are no guarantees for tomorrow.

I think this quote puts it best:

Work like you don't need money
Love like you've never been hurt
And dance like no one's watching

1 comment:

Just Me said...

This is so sad. I can't believe that is happened and so many people died before he took his own life. It's crazy and shocking. My heart and prayers go out to everyone involved and who lost someone that day.