Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Prison Fashionistas

After my lengthy post on the unfairness of Paris Hilton's jail sentence, I thought it was only right to weigh in on the whole Nicole Richie issue. After all, once upon a time they were BFFs. I thought Paris's sentence was cruel and unfair - most similar offenders wouldn't serve any time or if they did serve time, it would be very minimal. Nothing like the 26 days she had to serve. I'm not bitter about it anymore though. I think she came out a better person (repeat: think). She's still Paris Hilton and swarmed by papparazzi every day and a daily news headline but I think she learned her lesson and wants something good to come out of her time in jail.

Nicole Richie I'm not sure i can say the same for. Nicole Richie is a troublemaker. Watch an episode of The Simple Life and you will see that. That girl is waivering on the crazy side. She's always disrespecting people and doing cruel jokes that she thinks is hilarious. She's spiteful. And this isn't the first time she's been in trouble. She's been in rehab for drugs. She's been pulled over for a DWI before this DUI. She was driving down the wrong side of the road. She deserves to be punished. And if she doesn't get more time than Paris then there's something wrong with this world.

Nicole deserves at least twice the time if not more because she's got TWO DUIs. She should be in there a minimum of 52 days. That would serve her right.

I haven't decided if there's any truth to this pregnancy rumor. Judging by the way she's been hiding that belly, I think there just might be. And she truly believes it will get her out of jail time. And it might but it sure isn't fair if it does. That sends the message to other female criminals - get knocked up and you won't have to do the time. Just what we need another unwanted, unloved baby in this world.

I hope Nicole Richie has to serve her time. I have a feeling that she won't be half as regretful as Paris Hilton was. In fact, Nicole Richie will come out spitting nails and hurling accusations.

Countdown to Lindsay Lohan's trail...

1 comment:

Just Me said...

I agree with you. When I watch Simple Life it's Nicole that is the rude one. The show actually makes Paris look like a much better person. I'm not sure about the pregnency rumors but if they are true I'm sure she won't go to prison just like you said.