Thursday, July 12, 2007

Perez, you go girl - I mean boy!

I know you've been there. I don't know many people who haven't aside from my parents. Perez Hilton is where the best celebrity trashing/gossip is at. It's not number one in my book in delivering celebrity gossip first (TMZ takes that honor) but I love it just the same because it's a little different.

Mr. Perez has labeled himself the Queen of all Media and the title fits. He has hit the scene big time with millions of hits each day (I don't know this for a fact - just a guess). Perez isn't just on the Web anymore. He's popping up at the Canadian music awards, in Glamour magazine and coming tomorrow The View.

With the much talked about departure of Rosie O'Donnell, The View is looking to replace her. Kathy Griffin and Ivanka Trump (she refused) are some of the names being thrown around as possible replacements but I have a sneaking suspicion we all might be a little surprised.

Perez Hilton is co-hosting The View tomorrow and also says he has a "big announcement" tomorrow. My guess? He's going to be the next co-host of The View.

How do you go from your blog to co-hosting a talk show like The View. You get people to listen. And Perez has done that. I think he would be a great fit for The View. He would certainly bring in the younger generation. Walk onto any college campus or stop someone under 30 and ask them if they know who Perez Hilton is and I bet they say yes.

Who wants to make a bet with me on Perez taking the open co-host gig? I'll pony up some big money!

3 comments:

Just Me said...

Since I work in them mornings I never watch the View. But I did hear about the whole Rosie thing. And I'm sure it would be interesting to have a male perspective on the show.

Matt said...

don't i wish i'd ponied up!

not that the View has high standards, perez is a B-grade celebrity at best. VH1 is his highest hope.

Revee said...

Yea I was wrong but he is getting his own show!