Thursday, November 06, 2008

Movie Night

We stood there like that for a couple minutes before I finally stepped back and motioned for him to sit down.

“So what movies do you have there?”

“2 Fast. 2 Furious.”

“Are you kidding me?”

“What you don’t like action movies? Come on – Vin Diesel and Paul Walker star in this one. I know they are in your top 3.”

“And how do you know that?”

“I know things about you. Plus you told me.” He smiled goofily.

“You’re a quack,” I punched him lightly in the shoulder. “I hope you didn’t really get 2 Fast 2 Furious or I’m going to send you packing behind Brad.”

“Now would you really do that to me?” he asked then laughed. “Yes, you would. Okay okay. Lucky for me, I’m safe. I got funny movies. I figured you could use a good laugh. What do you think about Juno and Knocked Up?”

I began to laugh and couldn’t stop. I had tears running down my cheek when I stopped. Ben sat there unsure of what was going on or why I was so amused.
“What?” he finally asked when I stopped laughing long enough to respond.

“Do you notice any kind of recurring theme in those movies? One that might hit a little close to home?”

No comments: