Monday, January 08, 2007

Bling Bling

For those of you who started reading my blog over a year and a half ago, the day you never thought would happen has finally came. I am ENGAGED complete with a sparkling diamond ring.

In a move that took me by complete surprise, my boyfriend of two years proposed to me on Sunday, December 17. It was the most romantic proposal and he had done a lot of planning to make it special and it truly was. He graduated from college and the following day he proposed to me. Later when talking to his family he told them that he got two really great things this weekend: a college degree and as of ten minutes ago, a fiancé. It was amazing to hear him call me his fiancé.

The crazy thing was that he had the ring for three months before proposing just waiting until the perfect time to do it. He wanted it to be a surprise and a special moment that I would remember forever. He accomplished that. I could not love my future husband anymore than I do!

Now that I’m engaged the wedding planning begins and to tell you the truth, I wasn’t prepared for what this entailed. I thought it would be fun and easy. I was wrong. It’s overwhelming. It’s tiring. It’s stressful. Most of all, it’s just not me. I don’t like doing it. I am torn on whether to have the big tadoo or fly across the ocean and tie the knot there.

On one hand, I want my family and friends to all be there to witness the special moment in our lives. I want to have a big fun reception where we can party and celebrate this momentous occasion. On the other hand, I don’t want to put in the work to have a big tadoo. I’ve always wanted to get married in a gazebo by water and if I went to Hawaii or Mexico or Jamaica, I could do just that. On the downside: all my family and friends would get to witness it. On the even further downhill side, I wouldn’t get as many presents. Yes, I am greedy.

What to do, what to do? I have no idea. I guess I’ll probably do the big wedding since that is what my fiancé wants and deep down what I really want to. At least I have a year to plan this wedding. We’re getting married next New Year’s Eve. It should be quite a celebration. A countdown to the rest of our lives…the clock starts now!

No comments: