Friday, September 09, 2005

The "NICE" Guy

Nice guys finish last. It's not just a saying - it's a fact. I'm living proof.

I have the perfect guy who likes me, took me on a date, calls me 10 times a day and would do anything I asked. So what's the problem? It's too much. As much as I might claim I do, I don't want a guy to call me 10 times a day. I don't want him to call when I tell him to. I don't want him to be willing to drop everything if I invited him over. I want to work for it. That's the whole thrill. The chase. It's what I live for. The "nice" guy kills it.

Why can't I like this nice guy? He's smart, he's funny, he's cool. He's got money. But me? I've got no interest. Sure, I talk to him. I"m polite. I go out with him on occasion. I'm nice. But he doesn't do it for me.

So my friends say I shouldn't lead him on but I can't help myself. I might like him in a month, two months, a year. I don't know. Why can't I make him hang around until I decide? Isn't it only polite to answer his calls and pretend to be interested? Or is that wrong? I don't know if I should quit answering or keep it going on just in case he really is that nice guy I've always been waiting to come along. What's the proper etiquette here? Keep the convos and "dating" up or end it now before he gets hurt?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, like the blog! Will check in with you again.
I have a affirmations site. It pretty much covers affirmations related stuff.
Check it out if you get the time :-)

Melissa is... said...

Veeba - its like I'm reading what I'm thinking. I was (or still am, we havent actually gone out in a month, so I'm not sure) going out with this one guy. Extremely nice guy, funny, sweet, pays attention to me, the whole bit. But when I started dating him, I had told him that I was dealing with the post divorce stuff and that I wasnt looking for anything serious and that I had a lot of stuff to deal with. Well come to find out he referred to me as his girlfriend to several people. Which for some reason annoyed me - under any other circumstance I would be tickled pink to have this guy think of ME has his girlfriend. But right now - this time - I woudl get pissed and snap at him. Damn I'm a bitch. So now, I barely talk to him and its like I've pushed him away for good. I think he should understand since I came with a "disclaimer" but my friend said that I deserved it because he got the hint.