Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Tailgating

It's that time of the year again. Football season. But frankly - football alone doesn't mean crap to me. It's the tailgating that has me jumping for joy. For those of you who aren't familiar with the concept of tailgating, you live such sad lifes. No just playing. But for real - tailgating is what us football fans like to call good food, good friends, and good LARGE amounts of alcohol.

Yes, that's right. Tailgating to me is drunken stupers, outrageous behavior, keg stands, beer bongs, mid-afternoon hangovers. Throw in a few burgers and hot dogs and one crazy game of football and you got yourself a party.

Today I got my football tickets. Hoorah! I actually plan on attending the games this year. Why? Because tailgating 3-6 hours before the game AND during the game then continuing to party throughout the night was just too much for this little girl. So instead I am using the game as a chance to sober up, let the beer soak in and take a break before I start chugging again.

I guess tailgating could be fun without alcohol. I'm sure many people tailgate without any Bud, Miller, or Coors but not me. I make sure I got plenty of alcohol, lots of fun friends and a safe place to party. Wouldn't want to get hit by a car or anything when I am laying on the ground passed out! No seriously - I hope I don't pass out but it's a large possibility. My alcohol tolerance isn't as high as it once was.

So now I tip my hat (even though I'm not wearing one) and raise a glass to the beginning of another great tailgating - oh and football - season. Let the games begin.

What's your favorite part of tailgating?

4 comments:

Revee said...

I second that storm!

Fortune said...

I learned a new word....

Tailgating.

I wish I was a football fan cause that sounds like fun!

Revee said...

Oh miss fortune hunter, you have no idea. Tailgating is the ONLY reason to even go to football games. Without tailgating football fans would not be so numerous. I will stand by this too boys!

kcterrilynn said...

Wait, people tailgate without alcohol? That's not tailgating, that's just standing around in a parking lot eating food and looking stupid. Who wants to do that?

I love tailgating...it's the best part of the game!