Monday, September 05, 2005

Who Knew??

I always thought that guys were only interested in you when you have a boyfriend. That has always been my luck in the past. Whenever I've had a boyfriend, guys have flocked to me, wanted to date me and told me they liked me. So I thought for sure now that I'm single I wouldn't have any guys come on to me..however, that hasn't been the case.

Who knew that my recent breakup would have so many guys jumping out of the woodwork. First of all, I had not one but TWO dates over the weekend. I only went on one and stood the other guy up. Yes, it was mean. I shouldn't have done it but I only had time for one date.

Besides the guys who have already asked me on a date I have also had multiple guys call me and tell me they like me and ask me to do something sometime or just messaging me wanting to go out with me. How weird is that??? Guys that I never even knew had any interest in me. It's been insane. I am so shocked by all of this sudden interest I don't even know how to respond most of the time.

The problem is that I have no desire to date. Going on my first date post-breakup made that crystal clear. I'm not interested in dating or having a boyfriend. Yes, the companionship would be great but I can get that just as easily from my friends. I don't want a man right now. I don't even want to date anybody. Hookup maybe - but date - no.

I think right now it's just important for me to have fun, enjoy my last year of college and go out with my friends single. That's all I want. I've had a boyfriend for way too long. Now it's time to concentrate on me and pamper myself. All that attention was just wasted on guys. It's time for a little TLC for good old Veeba. And I have plenty of it to give!

Sorry my blogs lately have been all over the place. I just have a lot of things going through my head and a lot of insanity all bottled up! I'm hoping my life calms down soon and I can get my focus back...until then bare with me! I love you all! :)

12 comments:

Steph said...

I agree with you 100% veeba. No boyfriends for a while. Just the sex, thanks. haha j/k, well sorta.

and you are right about those boys coming out of the woodworks, especially the ones that you had no idea that were interested. kinda scary that you never knew they had feelings for you. I haven't been on any dates myself, or even got any numbers for that matter, but the body shots from random strangers are fun!! wuwu

hang in there girl.

Jess said...

i wanna know what your doing... cause apparently i'm doing it all wrong...

Revee said...

I really don't think I'm doing anything differently. I changed my status to single on some things and told a few friends and apparently the word is spreading! Go me! :)

BadGod said...

Not to sound like an asshole, but a couple of weeks ago, I gave you shit about a certain post you wrote about trust.

You said it was about a friend or something. Could it have really been about you and the now ex boyfriend?

Revee said...

Badgod, I only wish you were right. No, that post really was about my friend.

Believe it or not, I had full trust in my ex and I assume he had trust in me.

Amazingly enough he was the only boyfriend I have ever had that I didn't cheat on and look where that got me...bit me in the ass. I guess let that be a lesson to myself!

Johnny Menace said...

dates with fuglies don't count... why not just lie and say your dating someone?

Revee said...

johnny, you are impossible...and annoying. They weren't fuglies. None of them. Just a little too nice of guys for me. What's wrong with the nice guy? I don't know...I don't like them I guess. Maybe I should write about that next blog..the problem with the nice guy...Hmmm

Anita Baker said...

Send some of those guys over to me! It's sad pickins in Seattle! And WTF?!?!?! Fuglies? I hate that. What an ass!

Veeba one more thing, you want the perfet meld between nice guy/bad ass? What Miami Ink on TLC Ami James is one hot SOB!

Blake said...

It is your senior year of college. You will never be around that many people of your same age again. Don't bother with a steady boyfriend. Rather, go out and have a ton of fun. Hang with all your friends. I promise you won't regret it. I can say this, almost two years removed from college. I loved my senior year in school. It was amazing. You should focus on yourself and hook a guy later. Trust me, we're always around, and we normally don't mind waiting.

Blake

Blake said...

Oh, how do I know? Well, I started dating my girlfriend as her senior year of college was winding down, and I jumped at the chance to date her once I knew she was ready for a real relationship. So go forth and have tons of fun!!!!!!!!!

Blake, again

Melissa is... said...

Veeba -

Have a great time! Its been a year since I walked away from my marriage and for as much as I found several people I wanted to date - I never actually wanted to date. I think its the control thing. If you have people you go out with, you arent pressured into being in some relationship that you aren't ready to be in. It takes time but you will get there. For these past posts, I've been reliving my breakup and I understand completely.

Revee said...

Geez, you all really have a way of making me feel better. everything you say is so true. I am going to have the time of my life this year. It's amazing...I'm so worried about finding a guy that I have forgotton about myself. Let this be the year that I find myself!