Monday, October 24, 2005

Celebrity Marriage

Okay so this hasn't happened for awhile - 2 posts in 1 day! It's amazing. Sadly enough I just finished reading celebrity gossip online on msn.com as well as EOnline. If you've read/heard any celebrity gossip, you know it's almost all about TomKat, Britney and Kevin, Jessica and Nick's breaking up/not breaking up/hiding their breakup/blah blah blah.

This is even harder to admit but I watched Britney and Kevin Chaotic last night on VH1 and it showed their surprise wedding. First of all, I couldnt' believe they didn't even tell their parents. And second of all, Brit's dad did not look too happy about the whole thing.

Anyways...this brings me to my current thought. Why do the tabloids, public, ME pay so much attention to who's dating, who's getting married, who's breaking up and who's pregnant. The only thought that ran through my head during Chaotic was I wonder how long until they'll be divorced.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist but I don't really have any faith in the establishment of marriage. Did you know that 50 percent of all marriages end in divorce. No, I did not make this statistic up. It's true. Check it out if you don't believe me. My jaw dropped last week when I heard this statistic. 50 PERCENT! That is half of all marriages that end in divorce. We all know that it's way higher for celebrities but I can't believe it's that high for normal people.

Although I pretend to be surprised, I'm not really. I have long said this. Whenever a friend gets married, we make bets on how long it will last. The people that aren't divorced don't really like each other. Geez, my parents fight all the time. I rarely see them kiss. Same goes for my sister and her husband. No marriage lasts. They're all a sham.

I wish I didn't have to be such a pessimist but thats the way I am. I can look at the statistics and know what's true or not. I myself hope that I never get divorced. I don't believe in divorce but I know people change and love is only temporary. So divorce sometimes is the only option. But I guess I don't have to worry about divorce since I probably won't even ever get married!! Haha.

No comments: