Sunday, October 09, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Last night while watching a friend in Beauty & the Beast play, there was a song that really struck a note with me. It was called Home is Where the Heart Is. It's took me awhile but I finally realize how true that is.

Home really is where the heart is. All growing up and until just today I've always said I would never go back home to where I grew up and no I probably won't ever live in the small town I was born and raised but as I grow older (ok so I'm only 21) I am starting to realive that going home might not be so bad (and by home i mean at least a half hour away!)

A lot of people have came and gone in my life. I've had best friends who now I could see on the street and not even acknowledge. I've had boyfriends who I don't even really know anymore. I've had acquaintances galore. Friends, boyfriends, husbands - they all come and go. The only thing that is real and permanent in our lives are our family.

So maybe Belle wasn't so wrong in Beauty & the Beast. Home is where the heart is and right now my heart is at home in my sleepy little town that I thought I would never come home to. Maybe I will expand my job serach after all...

5 comments:

dr1/6 said...

i was always happy at the thought of finally leaving home, but now the closer i get to actually leaving, i don't want to leave my comfort hole.

sarah
http://www.tabulas.com/~shireen

BadGod said...

"Home is where the heart is,
ain't that what they always say,
My heart lies in broken pieces,
scattered along the way."

Steve Earle.

Not the same song, but it seemed to fit.

Just Me said...

Home was always a nice place to go back to when you needed time to get back on your feet. I've moved back home 3 times since moving out. The last was to help save for a house. After we moved out my mom sold the house, it's really sad because now we don't have a home to go back to.

Steph said...

Wow, Veebs, we are on the same page. Now that I'm single, have no ties to where I am at currently in my life, I'm strongly considering a whole new life change. Not sure where to go though. Any ideas?

Blake said...

Yeah, it takes some convincing to realize this. Sometimes all it takes is a quick trip home. Some people aren't lucky enough to have good memories of home--and for them that sucks.

Blake