Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Answers

Back by popular demand...my continuing story in installments. If you go back to May, maybe even April you will see the first four installments of the story and see where we left off. We last left our beloved Addy KOed on the ground by The Devil. Enjoy. The final installments will promptly be delivered over the next few days!

It must have been five, maybe ten minutes before I came to. Brad was standing over me and I could tell he was worried.

"Addy? Addy? Addy, are you okay?"

It all started to come back to me.

"Where is that bitch? That orange dragon bitch. I'm taking her down."

"I made her leave, Addy. I'm sorry. I didn't know she had followed me. I sent her home. I'll take care of her later. Right now I'm worried about you. You were out quite a little while. Are you sure you're okay?"

Honestly I wasn't. My head felt like I had a massive hangover and I could see blood and was pretty sure that my nose was broke. But I wasn't letting that stop me.

"A girl who hits other girls? That's pretty white trash, Brad. Are you proud of your baby mama?"

"Don't call her that."

"What? White trash or baby mama? Because both are true."

"Well, judging from the insults you're hurling I guess you're okay. I'm going to get my stuff and go."

"The hell you are."

By now I was on my feet and positioned between the door and the stairs.

"You're not going anywhere. Set your ass down."

I must have sounded more bad ass than I felt because he did just as I said sitting down on the loveseat. He laid his head down in his hands and then rubbed his hands through his hair.

The time to get answers was now or never. I could tell his guard was down.

"Where do you want me to start?" he asked.

"How about the beginning?"

He took a deep breath and started a story that was sure to be the final splinter in my heart.

1 comment:

Matt said...

excellent.........


hooray for the return of the serial story