Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Storytime

“I met her one night when I went out with the guys. You were at home with a cold. It started out innocently but gradually as I got drunker she started to get more flirtatious and by the end of the night she was full on coming on to me. I didn’t intend for anything to happen but I was so drunk, Addy. Somehow I ended up back at her place and one thing led to another and before I knew it we had slept together.”

“And it was just that one time?”

“Not exactly.”

Those weren’t the words I had wanted to hear.

“I came home the next day and felt so guilty. You gave me the third degree about where I had stayed but you bought my story that Tommy had made me crash at his place. I wanted to confess it all to you right then and there but knew that you would never be able to forgive me. I thought it was just a one-night stand so I decided the best thing for both of us would be to just not say anything.”

“I don’t think you thought about me at all in this decision, Brad. You were just protecting your own ass.”
“Do you want me to finish or what?”

I nodded as he continued.

“I didn’t know that I had given her my number and she started calling me. At first I ignored the calls but finally I picked up. She said she really needed to see me and asked that I meet her right away. At first I resisted but finally I agreed to meet her at her house. When I got there she had planned this whole seduction scene. I should have turned and left right then but for some reason, I didn’t. I went in and she seduced me. Next thing I knew I had done it again. I came home feeling awful. I could hardly look at you. I didn’t know what I was going to say or do. You were so excited about the wedding that I didn’t want to break your heart so I just went along with everything.

“Didn’t want to break my heart? Oh you did a find job of that, Brad. A fine job. Why don’t you just skip the nasty sex stories – they make me sick and skip to when you found out she was pregnant and decided that you were going to leave me standing at the altar like an idiot.”

“I swear I didn’t find out until the night before our wedding, Addy. We had been sleeping together for about four months but I fully intended to break it off that night. I went to her house…”

No comments: