Tuesday, August 21, 2007

One Wrong Step

“You went to her house the night before our wedding? After our rehearsal? After we had sat at the church with the preacher and all of our wedding party practicing for our wedding day, you went to your whore’s house. That’s so lovely, Brad.”

“Don’t pass judgment. I was going to break it off. I swear I was. But then she was there crying on the bed. She told me she was pregnant and that I was the dad. She told me she was going to keep the baby and I could be a part of its life or not. It was up to me.”

“I thought about getting up and leaving right there but she was so vulnerable so sad. I knew I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I didn’t stand by her and help her take care of that baby – our baby. We stayed up talking all night and somewhere during the night, I fell for her.”

“You fell for her? On our wedding night, you fell for another woman.”

“Night before our wedding night.”

“Same difference.”

“So it seems apparent you knew at least 12 hours before the wedding that you weren’t going to marry me so why put me through the misery, pain of getting ready, walking down the aisle and then leaving me standing there?”

“I was torn. I loved you. I loved her. She was having my baby but I was marrying you. I didn’t know what to do or who I loved more. I thought that if you married me everything would somehow be okay and I could have both.”

“Both?” I let out a evil laugh. “What did you think? The three of us were just going to live happily ever after? Come on now, Brad. That’s ridiculous.”

“The point is that I was thinking at all. I was scared. I was confused. I was torn between the two women that I loved and one of them was having my baby. What would you have done?”

“I don’t know. Maybe not have slept with another woman. Not have carried on an affair while my fiancé was planning our wedding. Not have been stupid enough to get her pregnant. Not have continued this charade until my wedding day and left my bride at the altar. That’s what I would have done, Brad.”

I was fired up now. Livid. I was seeing red. If Brad made one wrong move, I knew I would KO him right here in my living room.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

This is getting good! Can't wait for the next installment. What will Brad do next?