Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The March Blues

54 days away from my next work holiday and counting...

March and April really suck when you're a so-called grown-up and work for a living. There isn't a single holiday or day off thrown in there to give us hard working people a break from work. I have been working for about 10 months now and this is the first time that I have become restless and depressed with the endless saga of work.

It's not that I'm unsatisfied because my work is fine as usual. It's just that I need a break. Sure, I have earned time off but I'm saving it. Why? Because I'm getting married in nine months and I'm going to need it and furthermore, I'm a female who could end up pregnant one of these days and need oh say 6 weeks off and I don't want to have to take it unpaid.

My fiance has been getting the worst of my attitude. I go home from work tired and grouchy and I take it out on him. It's stressful to say the least. Somehow I have to figure out how to shake myself out of these March blues because if I don't, April blues are going to hit me like a giant sack of bricks.

Somebody help! What are the best way to ease the working woman (or man) blues?

2 comments:

Matt said...

I think attempting to recreate famous psychological experiments on your coworkers would be fun - like that office episode with the Dwight and the Altoids. You should try to figure out a way to recreate Milgram Obedience Study. Not on me though...

Just Me said...

yeah no idea, I'm about burnt out from not having breaks. I live for Saturday and Sundays when all i do is sleep in and lounge around the house. Too bad now that it's getting warmer the husband wants to start building things and working in the yard.