Thursday, August 04, 2005

There's Nothing Friendly About This Game

Nothing about a game is friendly for me. I am a competitor. I hate to lose. I’ve never taken to losing well. If I’m not winning, I’m not happy. Last night my boyfriend and I went over to a friend’s house to play a game of monopoly.

Let me give you some background about monopoly and me. I am not allowed to play at home because of a certain incident that conspired between my ex-boyfriend and me. Both of us were extra competitive. There was nothing friendly about a game of monopoly between the two of us.

One day while playing just the two of us I started to pull away and win. Earlier in the game he had been bragging about being ahead and how he was going to win so when I took the lead I couldn’t help but return the bragging. So I began taunting, “I’m winning. I’m better than you. Who’s the best??” He got annoyed and I could tell he was going to lose his temper so I laid off but when the game ended and I came out victorious I couldn’t resist one last dig. “You got second place,” I said. Now remember that there was only the 2 of us playing. He snapped. Picked up a dice and threw it as hard as he could straight at my head. My mom refused to allow us to play monopoly again.

So last night I was playing with 2 of my boyfriend’s friends who I had never hung out with before. I tried to keep myself in check but still I got engrossed in the game. I was the first to have a monopoly and not any monopoly but the best one on the board (the blues!) I began to pull away and win. Now when I’m winning I don’t have a problem being graceful although I like to rub it in a little bit. The other girl obviously had a competitive streak because she was getting pissed about me winning. Too damn bad.

So I won the game of monopoly. Hahaha. I’m awesome I tell them. I’m the best monopoly player ever. I never lose. They responded by telling my boyfriend that we would not be invited over to play monopoly anymore.


It’s not just monopoly I’m competitive at – it’s everything including drinking games like presidents and a—holes. And I’m not above cheating to win. In fact I condone it. Anything to win. Am I too competitive? Should I learn to lose gracefully? Would you play monopoly with me?

4 comments:

Steph said...

yanno, I really gotta find out who this Dane Cook fellow is. It's easting me alive. Is he as good as Chris Rock?

P.S. I hate monopoly

Revee said...

I get equally pissed whether its skill or luck based. I just hate to lose...I am headed to see who this dane cook fellow is right now!

Revee said...

No way Sean would you ever kick my ass at monopoly..in fact i can't ever remember actually being beat at monopoly..maybe it's luck maybe it's skillz but whatever it is i am kickass at that game

Fortune said...

Yea, I'd play monopoly with you.

I'd KICK YOUR BUTT!

ha ha ha....