Sunday, August 14, 2005

The verdict's In!

Okay here it is. The toast heard around the world - or at least around the reception hall. I scratched both of my original roasts and just let it come from the heart sincerely. I think the bride really appreciated it and I got tons of compliments. Feel free to recycle!

George Eliot spoke "What greater thing is there than for two human souls to feel they are joined together...to strengthen one another...and to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories." Mallory and Jason, I am so happy you have chosen to join your lives together. You met as friends and your friendship evolved into a love that so many people today rarely find. Love after all doesn't just make the world go round. It's what makes the ride worthwhile. It is an amazing thing when two people who were meant for each other manage to find one another and fall in love. If you will, please raise your glasses. To Friends and Family, To True Love, and To finding your other half. Congratulations.

It rained all day but the wedding went smoothly. The bride looked gorgeous and I didn't look so bad myself. I got wasted at the reception so that was fun. As must fun as I made, I think the couple will be very happy. I am going to miss my friend but I guess I"m not really losing her but just gaining another. I am happy for them both and wish them the best! I love you guys!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Hey Veebs! Welcome back! We've missed you over the last coupla days. I'm glad that the wedding toast went great! It sounded very nice. Happy Monday hun!

Fortune said...

That was a good toast.

Welcome back!

Revee said...

Thanks. Work is done and I'm partying it up until class starts again. Still workin on getting internet at home so the blogging might be minimial!

BadGod said...

Yeah that was ok, I guess.

No really, whatever.