Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Boys and Their Toys

The story goes that Adam gave up one of his ribs for Eve and that's how women were created (yada yada - this might not be entirely correct. i haven't been to church for years but you get the gist of it). So how come if we are made from man's rib are we so freaking different?

First of all, I don't understand where the penis came from. Did they get the penis inducing rib or what? How come they got the penis while we got stuck with the boobs that add an extra 5 pounds to our weight because they are made entirely of fat? Second of all, what's up with the chromosomes? Was one rib home to the X chromosome while the other housed the Y chromosome? I don't get it.

But anyways..this post is about more than the obvious differences between guys and gals. One of the biggest ones is what we like to do. Why do boys like video games so damn much? Last night my boyfriend wanted to go home and play XBOX rather than hang out with me. Needless to say, I was pissed. What's so freaking fun about video games? Granted I occasionally enjoy a racing game or Tiger Woods golf but these boys they would play video games all day every day if they could. Me, hand me the controller for about 30 minutes and I'm spent. I just can't concentrate that long.

This brings me to another thought...why do guys care so much about their cars? My boyfriend's friend came over the other day to show us his car. His favorite attraction that he showed up only like 5 times in the 2 minutes we looked: the cupholder that comes out at the push of a button. Whoopdeedoo! Let's not forget the "Bose" speakers he pointed out 10,000 times. I don't give a damn. I don't understand why guys think their car is so pimp or why they waste so much money putting rims and speakers and other stupid crap on it. Me, give me a car that runs and looks nice and I'm perfectly happy. I don't care how many inches my rims are or how hard my speaker hits.

I think I could go on and on about this subject for the next month. I love boys, I just don't understand them. Why do boys care so much about their toys when girls don't give a damn? And how can the two sexes be so different when they're sharing a rib? I don't get it...

10 comments:

Steph said...

It's just like how guys wonder why we obsess over celebrities and shoes. My man obsesses over his truck and online poker. In a way, I'm kinda glad he has these hobbies b/c then it allows more time to myself to do my things. I mean, he could be doing far more worse things like drugs or cheating on me. ;-)

Charlie Mc said...

I don't put things into "guys" or "girls" categories. Each person is different in my opinion. I am a guy who NEVER plays video games, I don't obsess over my cars, or do the standard "guy" stuff.....but I can see how some do!

Jess said...

Well i really like video games but I think that comes from my years of being a tomboy. As for the car thing, I have no idea. All i know is, that yellow one is ugly and the black is nice. That car is slow, and the one over there is super fast. Apparently I don't know what the heck is going on. I think I'll take a chop class.

Anonymous said...

It's for the same reasons that girls are intent on showing us the new pair of shoes they got or the new shirt they just bought. The guys don't care. Different strokes for different folks.

Revee said...

Baby have u posted another anonymous content? I love you...

Alice said...

i never had any video game systems growing up.. used to play tetris at the neighbor's house, that's about as into video games as i ever got...!

Fortune said...

Yes I'm still in town ---

Well, as for your first question - I'm an athesist so - there is no god and there was nothing to do with a rib.

I enjoy vid games...and am a neurotic closet gamer actually.

As for the differences... oh well - men are men and there's no point trying to get them.

Heather said...

It's all about tolerating those differences...and encouraging them to do get more involved with them when you feel like shoe shopping or going out with the girls...

Revee said...

I agree. I don't mind when he wants to play and I have other things to do. I just get mad when he uses MY time to play. If he would just ask me to play with him I would!

NewYorkMoments said...

Here's the deal....

Men were the beta version, before God created woman. They're imperfect. Have you ever seen a Y-chromosome? It's all shriveled. It was supposed to be an X, but it got deformed. The piece that's missing is the the part that controls the brain.

See, simple.