Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Sex and the City Wannabe

I am a Sex and the City addict. I love everything about the show. I hadn't even watched it until earlier this year because I've never had the HBO channel. One day me and my friends decided to rent the first four episodes of season one and we were immediately hooked. We should have been spending our time studying for classes or looking for a job but instead we were holed up in our apartment watching Sex and the City from the first episode to the last. We watched all however many episodes in less than a month. We were obsessed.

After watching the show, we all felt like we related to a character. It was funny that somehow none of us picked the same character we thought we were most like. Each of us just found a character we immediately connected with and on some level felt that explained who we were. I think that is one of the biggest reasons Sex and the City was such a huge success. You have Carrie who is the main face and voice of the show. She is a fashion addict who writes a weekly column in the newspaper. She is the most dynamic character on the show. She loves yet is afraid of marriage. She is the friend to everyone. The person that ties the whole show together. Then you have Samantha. She is the sexpot. She sleeps around and has no shame about sleeping around. She is with a new guy every show and has a hard time believing in love. Then we have Miranda. She is the most pessimistic person. She is always down or complaining about something. She is anti-everything pretty much. She is negative about love. Finally we have Charlotte. Charlotte is the old-fashioned woman. She believes in the fairy tale - love, marriage, and happily ever after. She things there is one true love for everyone.

I am Carrie. Or that's what I would like to think. Although my friends tell me I'm Samantha. Or I used to be Samantha at least when we first started watching the show. I had the same attitudes about love, sex, and life. My best friend was Charlotte. She still is. She has always been "in love" with someone and is now, at only 19, getting married next month. They have only been dating 9 months, less than me and my boyfriend. She is Charlotte to the nutshell. My other friend is Miranda. She even has the red hair. And although she doesn't admit it she's hesitant about relationships. She always finds something wrong with every guy who likes her or calls her. The only relationship she ever goes for is long distance ones because then she doesn't have to deal with all the relationship bs. To find out which Sex and the City vixen you're most like, go to www.yournewromance.com/cityquiz.html. I took the test and they said that I am Carrie. Not Samantha like my friends say.

Sex and the City has to be one of the most quotable shows ever. There are so many great quotes that it's hard to just pick a few but here a a few of my favorites from Carrie:
"When you're young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun, then you grow up and learn to be cautious; you could break a bone, or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don't leap at all because there's not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there is no safety net. When did it stop being fun and start being scary?"
"Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away. "
"I admit it's tempting to wish for the perfect boss, the perfect parent, or the perfect outfit. But maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been dealt, and accessorize what we've got. "

So let me know what Sex and the City character you are most like and why? Take the quiz, watch the show, and enjoy.

No comments: