Thursday, July 28, 2005

Scratching Away at True Happiness

I bought a lottery ticket this morning. I haven’t bought a lottery ticket in over a year. I used to be addicted. I’d scratch one, win $2, and go buy another one hoping for the opportunity to become a millionaire. It never happens.

I have dreamed my whole life of winning the lottery or finding a bag stashed with money or the bank making a huge error in my favor or some weird relative dying and leaving moolah. It hasn’t happened.

I continue to hope, I continue to scratch. I wasn’t a winner today but maybe tomorrow. Maybe the next day. Then all my dreams could finally come true. People do win occasionally. Why couldn’t I be one of those people.

If I won a million dollars, I’m not sure what I’d do but I can tell you what I wouldn’t do. I wouldn’t work. Hell no. I’d sit on my butt and enjoy every dollar of it. I think I would buy a big house in somewhere tropical by the ocean. I’d marry my handsome boyfriend and we’d live happily ever after. Or at least until the money ran out. I have a feeling it wouldn’t take long.

I don’t have anything major I want to do if I were to win a million dollars. I don’t want to buy a Cadillac, I don’t want to go on a shopping spree, I don’t want to buy much of anything. I just want to sit at home, not work, and live happily ever after. Am I shallow? What would you do if you won a $1 million?

11 comments:

Steph said...

Sounds like you just wanna be lazy Veebs...you don't need a million dollars to do that. haha

Revee said...

I do to support my partying and shopping habits! I don't want to be lazy either - I AM LAZY!

Just Me said...

I think I'd still work if I won a million dollars. I would definitly buy a brand new car, and get a big house. I would travel, travel, travel!

Johnny Menace said...

Ok a wager it is. What kind of odds to i get? for 6 months, 9 months, and a year before you break up? and is it open for everyone else?

And i would give the money to charity.

Revee said...

However long you want cuz I'm warning you - we're not breaking up! So come one, come all! I could use the money for the wedding someday! Let the betting begin!

Johnny Menace said...

ok 50-1 for 6 months, 30-1 for 9 months, 20-1 a year, and 2-1 you'll get a divorce? fair odds?

and key question before i bet. does he know both of you are getting married?

Revee said...

Oh Johnny..you are such a pessimistic...we're not planning our wedding by any means and no chance of us getting married for at least 2 years or more. But yes we have talked about it.

Johnny Menace said...

and your not pregant or already have a kid right?

just want to make sure before i lay money down.

Anisa said...

my husband and i play the "what would we do if we won?" game every tuesday and friday when they do lottery here. i would want to travel and open up my own business...just something fun and frivilous like a boutique with all my favorite stuff. i'd shop and build a new house and buy a new car and..................

oh, it would be wonderful!!!!!

Melissa is... said...

The first thing on my to-do list would be to hit Vegas and do a High Roller weekend - I want them to comp me and kiss my ass all weekend long. Ahh, to put a few black chips down on the hard 8.

Todd Tobin said...

Yeah, what Holden said...

If I won I'd give a lot of it to my Mom for wise investments, since she's always been good at that. And buy a small house so I could have my own art studio... and a new car... mine's a bucket.