Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Greenwheel Rocks!

Isn't it crazy how quickly you learn to like things that you never even knew about? For me, it's a little old band known as Greenwheel. A year ago, heck 6 months ago, I had never heard of them. Now they are my favorite band.

I got dragged to my first Greenwheel concert by my boyfriend when they came to a local nightclub. They are my boyfriend's favorite band. He is obsessed with them. He convinced me to go by telling me they sound a lot like my favorite band, 3 Doors Down. I was intrigued so I went. Why not? He was paying for my ticket...

So there I was at my first Greenwheel concert listening to a band that I've never heard while everyone around me is going crazy (we were right in front of the stage). There was mosh pitting, crowd surfing, and other craziness going on all around me. My boyfriend even knew all the words to their song. Me, I was just trying to listen. But by the end of the song I found myself drawn in and on the way home I too was singing the lyrics - although I didn't admit it to my boyfriend at the time.

A few months later my boyfriend got wind (okay so he reads their website everyday and that's how he found out - he's really not a total dork!) of them playing in St. Louis so we headed there for their concert. We took about 5 wrong turns and ended up in East St. Louis multiple times but my boyfriend refused to give up. He was going to that concert! So when we finally got there I was stressed and in no mood to listen to a band. But I was pleasantly surprised...

Greenwheel was even better than I had remembered. After months of listening to my burnt cd, I finally knew the words to some of their songs and actually sang along. I ran into lead singer, Ryan Jordan, while the opening band was on and my boyfriend thought he would have to wipe the drool from my face (Ryan, I'll marry you if you just ask!).

I realized after the concert that I had now been to more Greenwheel concerts than any other band (I've never even been to a 3 Doors Down concert) and I was regularly listening to their cd and checking their website. I too had become a Greenwheel groupie. How could this be???

I realized that the more time you spend with someone the more you are going to care about and like what they like. My boyfriend adored Greenwheel and now I too loved Greenwheel. Heck, I have their songs blaring right now out of my office cubicle.

Does anyone else have any new weird obsessions that they've picked out from someone else? If you want a new one, I suggest you check out the
Greenwheel website. There you can play their latest stuff and listen to some old stuff (they even have a song on the Spiderman soundtrack.) Check it out so you can let me know if my taste in music sucks or if you too think they are even better than 3 Doors Down!

4 comments:

Ruari said...

hey there....yes, greenwheel is definitely one of those unfortunately unwell known bands out there who deserve more attention than they receive.....can't wait for their new album to drop and a new tour

Heather said...

Don't worry about not having been to a lot of concerts... I went to my very first concert last year (Aerosmith, Baby) and it helped that we had VIP seats, but it was incredible.

I'll stop by the site! Thanks for the tip!

Revee said...

I know if you like 3 Doors Down or Matchbox 20 or any bands of that sort you'll love Greenwheel. They're really great and really awesome guys!

Revee said...

Mofo, you're from St. Louis I can't believe you haven't seen them live! They are unbelievable. They play at Mississippi Nights some and Ciseros pretty often. You gotta catch them live. They've got some great songs. Leo usually plays with them.